What do you think about how a lip piercing looks? According to you, it’s probably a puncture on the left, center, or right of the lower lip adorned by a captive bead ring. Well, that’s a typical lip piercing. In reality, a lip piercing is much more than that. From a simple labret piercing and Monroe piercing to something more complicated like snake bites piercing, there are several ways of getting your lip pierced.
The prospect of several possibilities of getting a lip piercing may seem exciting for you. However, you have to be aware of the struggles these piercings can bring in your way. Also, you need to decide beforehand which piercing will suit your face and personality. In this article, we have elaborated 12 different lip piercing types and their corresponding stylish lip piercing jewelry. Read on to discover the best fit for you:
1) Labret Piercing: Labret piercing is done on the lower lip, just above the chin. Often it is considered as a lip piercing, it’s not done on the lips. For this piercing, labret studs and captive bead rings are an ideal choice. However, you can also choose to wear a circular barbell. Choose labret studs with unique shapes like star, spikes, skull, etc.
2) Vertical Labret Piercing: Similar to the labret piercing, this piercing is located in the middle of the lower lip. The piercing is done in such a way that the lower bead sits just below the lower lip. A curved barbell and CBR are commonly used in this piercing.
3) Monroe Piercing: Named after Marilyn Monroe, this piercing is done on the upper lip’s left-hand side. Usually, a 14G, 16G, or 18G labret stud is used as the jewelry to resemble the late star’s birthmark. Horseshoe barbell is another jewelry option to consider.
4) Madonna Piercing: This lip piercing resembles Monroe piercing. The only difference is that it is done on the right side of the upper lip to resemble Madonna’s beauty mark. For this piercing, 14G, 16G, or 18G labret studs and CBRs are worthy jewelry options. For a unique look, you can choose to wear a jeweled labret stud.
5) Medusa Piercing: Also known as philtrum piercing, this piercing is located on the philtrum locale right below the nose. Adorn this piercing with a labret stud.
6) Jestrum Piercing: Similar to vertical labret piercing and medusa piercing, a jestrum piercing is placed on the upper lip, in the philtrum region, directly under the nasal septum. Unlike medusa piercing, this piercing employs a curved barbell.
7) Dahlia Piercing: This piercing is done at the corners of the mouth and adorned with a pair of labret studs with beaded ends. You can also opt for rings, studs with gemstones for a unique look.
8) Cyber Bites Piercing: A stunning combo of the labret and Medusa piercing, the look of this piercing includes one labret placed just above the upper lip and another just below the lower lip. Accentuate these piercings with labret studs possessing gems or unique shapes.
9) Snake Bites Piercing: In this, two perforations are done on the lower lips in such a way that they resemble a snake bite. The two piercings are located at an equal distance from the center of the lower lip. Studs, captive bead rings, barbells, and hoops are the most popular jewelry types for this piercing.
10) Spider Bites Piercing: The Spider Bites Piercing is a pair of perforations done on the left or right side of the lower lip. Similar to snake bites, they are placedclose togetheras opposed to the former. This piercing looks great with labrets, hoops and small CBRs.
11) Dolphin Bites Piercing: Just like spider bites piercing, they too resemble the snake bites. The dolphin bites are centered on the lower lip, close to each other. Jewelry suited for spider bites also goes well with dolphin bites piercing.
12) Angel Bites Piercing: Similar to snake bites, angel bites are located on the upper lip as compared to the lower lip employed in snake bites piercing. Go for captive bead rings to accentuate these piercings.
These are the 12 most popular lip piercing types. Opt for the one that you think will look best on you. All the best!