Have you heard about Generation Z? Generation Z is plush more with technologies rather than the older generations. The dates that are given for generation Z range from mid-1990s through the second decade of this century. Also, Gen Z has grown up in the current environs of mobile communications. It is the most populous generational cohort of all the time. Generation Z totally owns cell phones. Texting, social media interactions are the cohort’s most preferred communication modes. They spend more time online and use smart phones more than TV for entertainment. So to meet the characteristics of generation Z, Amazon has launched a device called Fire TV, which offers much more than just watching TV.
Amazon Fire TV is a streaming media device lets users access thousands of movies, TV shows, apps, games, news from the internet on your TV by just plugging it into the HDMI port of your TV. It is popular around many countries and now it is gaining popularity in India too. It comes with two models:
Fire TV Box:
Amazon Fire TV is a small box with an attached HDMI cable. The Fire TV Box supports both 4K Ultra HD and HDR video. The Fire TV box hangs down from your TV’s port or you can plug into the wall with a standard A/C adapter. It comes with a 1.7 GHz Quad-core CPU, 2 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, 1080p and 4K display. The box is faster, has more memory and supports high quality audio. Amazon Fire TV box costs is 6889Rs.
Fire TV Stick:
Amazon Fire Stick is a tiny stick plugged to any HDTV port which allows the users to enter the world of online entertainment. The Fire Stick plugs directly into your TV and it supports 1080 video resolution. The Fire TV Stick plugs directly into the HDMI port of your TV. Amazon Fire TV Stick with voice remote costs is 3999Rs. It comes with a quad-core processor, 8 GB internal storage, 1 GB Ram, voice-controlled remote and support for fast Wi-Fi.
Available At Amazon.in Price Only 3999Rs
You can setup either model by simply plugging it into the HDMI port of your TV and then use the remote to follow the on-screen instructions to connect your TV to the internet. The functionality of both Fire TV box and Fire TV stick is almost the same.
Fire TV Box Set-Up:
- First of all, connect the Fire TV box to your TV and plug it in. Plug the attached HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Then connect the Fire TV to the internet using its on-screen wizard and follow the steps to get connected. You can connect both the wired or wireless router to access internet on your Fire TV.
- Once the internet connection is made, next step is to connect with the content providers that means having an account on the streaming services you want to use. The Amazon music and video services are pre-installed on your system including playlists and you just need to navigate through the interface using the remote. To run other apps, you have to install them on the player and then sign in to the associated account.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Set Up:
To start up, connect one end of the Fire stick to the power adapter and the other end into the HDMI port available in your TV. Switch on the TV and select the HDMI input channel for the port you used to connect your Fire TV Stick. After the loading screen, Fire TV logo will be displayed. Load remote’s battery and pair it up with the Fire TV. And then follow the instructions to connect your device to the internet via Wi-Fi and that’s it.
You will need to have an Amazon account registered with your device to make the Fire TV or Fire TV stick work. If you don’t have an existing account, you can make one at the time of setup process. An Amazon account is required because the Fire TV Stick primarily serves the Amazon Prime Content.
Installing an App:
Home screen of your TV will display a number of popular apps recommended for you. You can install an app one of them or search for the desired app with the title using the text-search function or the voice search feature from the remote. Then download and install the app. Like play store in android, you can install apps in Fire TV through Amazon App Store. Some apps will be paid or some might be free, you can download one according to your taste.
In simple words, Amazon Fire TV is a streaming media player which access content i.e. music, videos, movies, games etc. from internet and displays it on your TV. You need to have accounts with the streaming services that provide some free or paid content. As you need a cable connection after buying a TV to watch the content on it, same as in this case you need an account subscribed with streaming services and the subscription will lead you to access the specific networks through your Fire TV. As you need a browser to search web content on computer or laptop, you will also need to install a web browser i.e. Firefox or Silk browser on your Fire TV to access the entire World Wide Web at your fingertips.
Amazon Fire TV review, made it quite easy to search anything online on your fingertips by adding a voice search option. With this, user can search anything on web or search any title in the running apps like Amazon prime video, Netflix, YouTube etc.
- It is easy to setup and use as you just need to plug it into the HDMI port of your HDTV and enjoy your favorite TV shows, movies, music and all the other related options using your pre-registered Amazon account.
- You can enjoy a plenty of media streaming services i.e. streaming movies, TV shows, music, Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon prime video, YouTube and many more by just connecting Amazon Fire TV Box or Fire TV Stick to your HDTV.
- It offers you an access to thousands of Bollywood, Hollywood movies, TV shows, Music and games.
- Its combination with Amazon Prime would be perfect as Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Amazon Prime Video, US TV shows, award winning Amazon Originals and Kids Shows, Bollywood and Hollywood Blockbusters with no extra cost.
- And the major benefit is, you can bring your favorite movies and TV shows along with you while travelling as you just need to plug your Fire TV Stick into any TV’s HDMI port and a Wi-Fi connection is required to continue watching.
- Amazon Fire Stick comes with Voice Search, simply press the voice button and say the name of any Amazon Prime Video title you want to watch and continue enjoying.
- It also allows parental control to add limitations to your kid’s usage.
You just need to hang Fire TV Stick to your HDTV with a HDMI cable. What you exactly need is, to insert the HDMI cable straight into the back of your TV. From there, it would be hidden for the viewer and seems likely to be powered straight from the TV’s USB port. And you can enjoy the unlimited stock of movies, TV shows etc. from the entertainment world.